How to register?
Registration for the conference should be done through the online registration system. All participants and accompanying persons must register for the conference. Registration is limited and on a first come first served basis. Early registrations are due on 28 February 2013. The late fee will be automatically charged if your payment has not been received by 28 February 2013. Alterations to the registrations will only be accepted in writing.
Upon receipt of your registration form and payment or credit card details, the Congress Secretariat will confirm your participation in the conference. You will receive a formal confirmation in due course.
Registration fees (in Euros)
Early registration (until 28 February 2013): € 470,-
Late registration (from 28 February 2013 onwards): € 520,-
Accompanying person’s registration: € 235,-
This event offers special rates for a limited number of PhD students who are attending the EAA Annual Congress for the first time. A reduction of € 200,- on the conference fee is available to the first 100 qualifying PhD students. To qualify for the € 200,- fee reduction, you must be attending your first EAA annual congress, and you will be asked to submit proof of your PhD student status during the registration.
Sorry, the limit for the special PhD rates has been reached on 27th February 2013,
thus the discount is no longer applicable.
The registration fee includes: Early Bird Reception, Welcome Reception, Gala Dinner, lunch and coffee breaks during the conference, admission to all scientific sessions, all congress materials, EAA membership fee of € 50,- (inclusive of Belgian VAT 21%) for 2014 and administration costs.
We are happy to receive accompanying persons with the delegates to Paris. The registration fee for accompanying persons includes the Early Bird Reception, the Welcome Reception and the Gala Dinner, but no admission to the academic sessions.
Methods of payment
Please follow the instructions given on the online registration form regarding payment of the conference fee. All payments must be made in Euros. Payments should be made in advance (before 26 April 2013) by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard).
Admission to the meeting is granted only if the Congress Secretariat has received the registration fee.
Refund registration fee and cancellation policy
- In case of cancellation before 17 April 2013, you will have to pay 50% of the conference fee. For cancellations on or after 17 April 2013, there will be no refund. Please note that your 2014 EAA membership fee is not refundable.
- In case you are unable to attend the meeting, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge. However, the original participant should provide a letter of authorization together with a letter of cancellation to the Congress Secretariat before 17 April 2013. This information should include the name of the substitute delegate.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (post, fax, e-mail) to the Congress Secretariat (email@example.com). Delegates who do not cancel and do not attend, will still be responsible for the full registration fee.
- The organization reserves the right to alter the venue if necessary.
- In the event that the EAA Congress cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the Congress Organisers (Force Majeure*) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the Congress Organisers, the Congress Organisers cannot be held liable by attendees for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, financial losses, or any other indirect losses or consequential damages.
Under these circumstances, the Congress Organisers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration fee and to use it for a future congress, or to reimburse the attendee after deducting costs already incurred for the organisation of the Congress and which could not be recovered from third parties.
* An event of force majeure shall include, without limitation, Acts of God, war, riot, fire, explosion, accident, flood, earthquake, sabotage, strike of employees other than those of EAA, inability to obtain power, fuel, material or labor or acts of any government.